Congress should identify who put it in spot over Adarsh: NCP
NCP spokesperson Nawab Malik also said NCP would back Chavan if he reversed his decision to reject the report.
Mumbai: In a veiled swipe at Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan, NCP on Friday said Maharashtra Congress should identify those who were responsible for putting it in a spot over the Adarsh Society probe commission's report.
Congress Vice-President Rahul Gandhi said in Delhi that he did not agree with state government's decision to reject the report, which indicts former Congress Chief Ministers Shivajirao Patil-Nilangekar, Sushil Kumar Shinde, Ashok Chavan and the late Vilasrao Deshmukh.
"Those who are responsible should be identified by the party. They (Congress) have to face such setbacks both in the state and at the Centre, which creates an awkward situation for them. The leaders who are responsible should be identified and the party should think about them," NCP spokesperson Nawab Malik told PTI here.
Malik also said NCP would back Chavan if he reversed his decision to reject the report.
Recommended For You
- I Had Warned BCCI Against Preparing a Dry Pitch: Pune Curator
- Priyanka Chopra Slays In This Oscars After Party Ensemble
- Sunny Pawar Is Winning Hollywood One Award Ceremony at a Time
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone