Congress to organise meet to gear up for local body polls
CM N Kiran Kumar Reddy, several state ministers, AICC leader KB Krishnamurthy, who looks after the Congress affairs in Andhra Pradesh, would attend the meeting.
Hyderabad: The ruling Congress in Andhra Pradesh plans to organise a convention of party leaders from the block level to gear up the party machinery for local body polls. The meeting would also discuss ways to spead numerous welfare schemes being implemented by the Centre and state governments, state Congress president Botsa Satyanarayana told reporters in Hyderabad on Tuesday.
Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy, several state ministers, AICC leader KB Krishnamurthy, who looks after the Congress affairs in Andhra Pradesh, would attend the meeting. Replying to a query, he said that he is not aware of the deadline set by three party MPs for Congress leadership to resolve the contentious Telangana issue by the month-end.
Those who have faith in the policies of the Congress would remain within the party, he said. Asked about resignations submitted by two state ministers after being chargesheeted in cases involving YSR Congress president Jaganmohan Reddy, he said the Chief Minister would take an appropriate decision on the matter.
Recommended For You
- Films You Need To Watch Before Tuning Into Oscars 2017
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- New Audi A4 30 TFSI Review: It is Powerful and Environment Friendly
- SRK's Circus Returns To TV, Twitterati Can't Contain Their Excitement
- Federer wants Nadal as Laver Cup doubles partner