Congress 'using' Dalits as 'vote bank': Rajnath Singh
Singh talked at length about the contributions of Dr BR Ambedkar, including empowering the underprivileged.
New Delhi: BJP president Rajnath Singh on Sunday hit out at Congress for doing "nothing for Dalits" in the country and "using" them as mere "vote bank". "Congress ruled the country for 54 years out of the 65 years since independence. This is not little time, but it made no effort to lift your status," Singh said while addressing a gathering on the occasion of BR Ambedkar's 122nd birth anniversary.
The BJP president said the Congress used Dalits as vote bank and came to power with their votes but took no steps to solve their problems. "I wanted to tell Dalit brothers that Congress always used you as a vote bank and never tried to take any steps to solve your problems," he said.
Singh also talked at length about the contributions of Dr BR Ambedkar, including empowering the underprivileged.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Mitchell Starc Ends Association With Virat Kohli and Co.
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- Sledging Virat Kohli Will Hurt Us: David Warner
- Jaguar XE, XF and F-Pace Owners Can Soon Pay for Fuel Through Their Infotainment System
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)