Congress 'using' Dalits as 'vote bank': Rajnath Singh
Singh talked at length about the contributions of Dr BR Ambedkar, including empowering the underprivileged.
New Delhi: BJP president Rajnath Singh on Sunday hit out at Congress for doing "nothing for Dalits" in the country and "using" them as mere "vote bank". "Congress ruled the country for 54 years out of the 65 years since independence. This is not little time, but it made no effort to lift your status," Singh said while addressing a gathering on the occasion of BR Ambedkar's 122nd birth anniversary.
The BJP president said the Congress used Dalits as vote bank and came to power with their votes but took no steps to solve their problems. "I wanted to tell Dalit brothers that Congress always used you as a vote bank and never tried to take any steps to solve your problems," he said.
Singh also talked at length about the contributions of Dr BR Ambedkar, including empowering the underprivileged.
- Salman Khan's Bodyguard Shera Faces Assault Charges in Mumbai
- UN Chief Condemns Terror Attack on Police Academy in Quetta
- Abhishek Kapoor Will Always Remain a Friend: Farhan Akhtar
- Fun to Explore the Singer in Me, Says Shraddha Kapoor
- To Me, Books Are More Important Than Films: Vishal Bhardwaj
- US Presidential Elections: New Polls Send Mixed Signals About Hillary And Trump
- Donald Trump Will Be Next US President, Predicts Election Wizard
- Donald Trump's Daughter-in-Law Celebrates Diwali at Hindu Temple in US