Congress workers ransack party office in Assam
About 20 supporters entered the Congress office and smashed furniture, window panes, doors and tore up files.
Rangiya: The Congress office in Rangiya was allegedly ransacked on Monday by several party workers, who were protesting against non-inclusion of their names in the proposed list of nominees for the upcoming panchayat polls, police said.
About 20 supporters entered the Congress office and smashed furniture, window panes, doors and tore up files and other documents, they said. Police cordoned off the area and controlled the situation. However, the protesters managed to flee from the spot.
The Congress workers were angry over the non-inclusion of their names in the candidates' list which was yet to be announced officially, party sources said.
- PM Urges Citizens to Send Their Messages to Jawans This Diwali
- Gold prices soar by Rs 840 in biggest single-day gain in 2014
- Snapshot: Arjun Rampal's daughter Mahikaa is all grown up now!
- Gold tumbles on reduced offtake, weak global cues
- Shivaay Review: Ajay Devgn-starrer Is Seldom Compelling
- Shivaay Movie Review: Ajay Devgn Is In Every Frame and We Wish He Wasn't
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil, Shivaay Advance Bookings Have Been Phenomenal: Reports
- Don't Have Grace in Dancing: Ajay Devgn