DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Congress workers ransack party office in Assam
About 20 supporters entered the Congress office and smashed furniture, window panes, doors and tore up files.
Rangiya: The Congress office in Rangiya was allegedly ransacked on Monday by several party workers, who were protesting against non-inclusion of their names in the proposed list of nominees for the upcoming panchayat polls, police said.
About 20 supporters entered the Congress office and smashed furniture, window panes, doors and tore up files and other documents, they said. Police cordoned off the area and controlled the situation. However, the protesters managed to flee from the spot.
The Congress workers were angry over the non-inclusion of their names in the candidates' list which was yet to be announced officially, party sources said.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere
- Should Have Been Picked to Play in IPL Final, Says Harbhajan Singh