Congress workers ransack party office in Assam
About 20 supporters entered the Congress office and smashed furniture, window panes, doors and tore up files.
Rangiya: The Congress office in Rangiya was allegedly ransacked on Monday by several party workers, who were protesting against non-inclusion of their names in the proposed list of nominees for the upcoming panchayat polls, police said.
About 20 supporters entered the Congress office and smashed furniture, window panes, doors and tore up files and other documents, they said. Police cordoned off the area and controlled the situation. However, the protesters managed to flee from the spot.
The Congress workers were angry over the non-inclusion of their names in the candidates' list which was yet to be announced officially, party sources said.
- Google Allo: A New Messaging App That Seeks to Rival WhatsApp, Facebook
- NASA Denies Changing 2000-Year-Old Zodiac Signs
- NASA Captures Sharpest View of Comet Breaking Apart
- 3 ISS Crew Members Return Earth After Six-Month Trek in Orbit
- Nothing Confirmed Yet: Varun Dhawan on Working with Big B
- If Banning Actors Can Stop Terrorism, Government Should do it: Varun Dhawan
- Big B Has a Different Level of Passion Towards His Work: Anees Bazmee
- Amitabh Bachchan Feels It's Pitiable For a Woman To Catch Culprit But Not Take Action