Congress workers ransack party office in Assam
About 20 supporters entered the Congress office and smashed furniture, window panes, doors and tore up files.
Rangiya: The Congress office in Rangiya was allegedly ransacked on Monday by several party workers, who were protesting against non-inclusion of their names in the proposed list of nominees for the upcoming panchayat polls, police said.
About 20 supporters entered the Congress office and smashed furniture, window panes, doors and tore up files and other documents, they said. Police cordoned off the area and controlled the situation. However, the protesters managed to flee from the spot.
The Congress workers were angry over the non-inclusion of their names in the candidates' list which was yet to be announced officially, party sources said.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Sunny Pawar Is Winning Hollywood One Award Ceremony at a Time
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- 'Indecision' Review System: India Get 17 Out of 55 Calls Right