Cong's concern not for youth, but for Rahul's launch: BJP
The Opposition alleged that Congress was raising concerns about youth and unemployment at Jaipur conclave after doing nothing on the issue for nine years.
New Delhi: Attacking the Congress, the BJP on Saturday alleged it was raising concerns about youth and unemployment at Jaipur conclave after doing nothing on the issue for nine years it has been in power and that the ruling party's real 'worry' was on projecting Rahul Gandhi among young voters. "It is clear from the Congress activity at the Chintan Shivir in Jaipur yesterday that there is less of introspection and more of worry. Sonia Gandhi has expressed concern for the youth and the middle class.. After being in power for nine years, Sonia Gandhi has spoken about their aspirations," BJP Chief Spokesperson Ravi Shankar Prasad said.
The Opposition alleged that Congress maybe raising this issue to connect with the youth as it plans to launch Rahul Gandhi as the leader in the 2014 polls. "There is a debate in the Congress about giving a bigger role to Rahul Gandhi but not about giving a bigger responsibility.. Is this a concern for the youth or a concern for Rahul Gandhi," he said.
He said that this concern for the youth has come after being in power for nine years and wondered what is the reason. "This is important as 51 per cent of the population is below 25 years of age and 65 per cent is below 35 years. There is such a big population of youth and yet Sonia Gandhi has expressed concern and worry for them after nine years," Prasad said.
The BJP alleged that Sonia Gandhi spoke about the youth as the general elections are due in a year.
- Despite Mulayam's Peace Efforts, Rift Widens Between Akhilesh, Shivpal
- Neelabh's Toon: Akhilesh, Shivpal Spar Creates Rift in Samajwadi Party
- Feud Won't Affect Muslim Votes, Says SP's Azam Khan, Analysts Not So Sure
- Triple Talaq a Religious Issue, PM Has No Right to Intervene: AIMPLB's Jilani
- Iraqi Forces Encounter Stiff Resistance from ISIS in Mosul
- Despite Bleak Electoral Map, Donald Trump Says, 'We Are Winning'
- Trump Calls Clinton 'Nasty Woman'; Voters Rally Behind her
- I Want To Be My Best For My Daughter: Shahid Kapoor