Core panel fails to decide on adjournment motion
No decision was taken on the issue of adjournment motion during the meeting.
New Delhi: The Congress core committee on Wednesday met to discuss foreign direct investment (FDI) in retail amid reports of differences within the party on the issue and calls for adjournment motion.
However, no decision was taken on the issue of adjournment motion during the meeting.
The core group is slated to meet again to discuss the issue.
This came a day after Sanjay Singh, Congress MP from Uttar Pradesh, spoke against FDI in retail and said that the party could face negative impact of its decision in the upcoming state assembly elections.
- Prune the Grass Please, Indian Team Management Tells Eden Officials
- Lukewarm Response to Second India-NZ Test at Eden Gardens
- Amit Mishra Toils Hard in Optional Practice Session
- Need to Create Pressure for Longer Spells, Says NZ Coach Mike Hesson
- India's Uri Payback, Pulls Out of Saarc, Has Saarc Itself Become Meaningless?
- Indus Water Treaty: India Can't Unilaterally Separate Itself, Says Sharif
- SAARC Summit Could be Postponed If India Not Attending: Pakistan
- Pakistan Capable of Meeting Any Threat: Nawaz Sharif