Coal scam: Sonia backs Kumar at core group meet
The Law Minister told the core group his job was to look at the legal points in the draft and that he had done nothing wrong.
New Delhi: The Congress core group met a short while back to discuss the Central Bureau of Investigation's (CBI) affidavit on coal block allocation scam report with its allies and backed Law Minister Ashwani Kumar.
Kumar told the core group his job was to look at the legal points in the draft and that he had done nothing wrong. Allies said the Prime Minister Manmohan Singh would be the next target since the affidavit said the draft was shown to the Joint secretary in Prime Minister's Office (PMO).
The affidavit also says the final status report was not shared with any govt official. Congress President Sonia Gandhi was against the Law Minister's resignation and said opposition demands need not be take seriously.
- Cyrus Mistry Ouster: Reasons not Provided in Board Meeting to Avoid Public Battle
- Tata Leadership Tussle Moves from Boardroom to Courtroom
- Tata Shake-up May Distract Group from Restructuring Efforts
- Cyrus Mistry Ouster: Tatas File Caveats in SC, HC and National Company Law Tribunal
- Watch: From Friend-turned-foes to Friends Again, The Saga of Mulayam and Amar Singh
- New Zealand PM Arrives, Modi Likely to Seek Support on NSG Entry During Meet Tomorrow
- News360: Will Focus on Poll Campaign, Akhilesh Yadav Tells CNN-News18
- PM Modi Warns of Action Against Those Who 'Snatch' Tribal Rights