Coal scam: Sonia backs Kumar at core group meet
The Law Minister told the core group his job was to look at the legal points in the draft and that he had done nothing wrong.
New Delhi: The Congress core group met a short while back to discuss the Central Bureau of Investigation's (CBI) affidavit on coal block allocation scam report with its allies and backed Law Minister Ashwani Kumar.
Kumar told the core group his job was to look at the legal points in the draft and that he had done nothing wrong. Allies said the Prime Minister Manmohan Singh would be the next target since the affidavit said the draft was shown to the Joint secretary in Prime Minister's Office (PMO).
The affidavit also says the final status report was not shared with any govt official. Congress President Sonia Gandhi was against the Law Minister's resignation and said opposition demands need not be take seriously.
- ISL 2016 Kicks Off with a Star-Studded Opening Ceremony
- Unknown Person Files Income Tax Return in Kareena Kapoor's Name
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Box Office Collection Crosses Rs 21 Crore on Day 1
- Watch: Masand's Verdict on MS Dhoni: The Untold Story
- PM Modi Understands Pain of Our People: Baloch leader
- PM Modi Appreciates Those Revealing Undisclosed Income
- UN Chief Offers to Mediate Between India, Pak to De-escalate Tension
- Allahabad HC Defers Hearing on Plea Challenging Narendra Modi's Election From Varanasi