Coal scam: Sonia backs Kumar at core group meet
The Law Minister told the core group his job was to look at the legal points in the draft and that he had done nothing wrong.
New Delhi: The Congress core group met a short while back to discuss the Central Bureau of Investigation's (CBI) affidavit on coal block allocation scam report with its allies and backed Law Minister Ashwani Kumar.
Kumar told the core group his job was to look at the legal points in the draft and that he had done nothing wrong. Allies said the Prime Minister Manmohan Singh would be the next target since the affidavit said the draft was shown to the Joint secretary in Prime Minister's Office (PMO).
The affidavit also says the final status report was not shared with any govt official. Congress President Sonia Gandhi was against the Law Minister's resignation and said opposition demands need not be take seriously.
Recommended For You
- I Always Wanted to Bat Like Virender Sehwag, Says Sunil Gavaskar
- 'Virat Kohli Calling Me to Bowl at India Nets Biggest Achievement'
- Coldplay- Chainsmokers Collaboration is Here and We Expected Something Just Like This
- Post Jolly LLB 2 Success, Makers Plan to Make a Sequel
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1