Cornered, Sasikala Family Divided Over its Future in Tamil Nadu Politics
File photo of VK Sasikala (PTI Photo)
Chennai: The political drama unfolding in Tamil Nadu suggests a rift in the Sasikala family over the control of the party as her husband and brother have shown signs of withdrawal from active politics, while her nephews are willing to fight it out.
However, Sasikala’s nephews TTV Dinakaran, who was appointed AIADMK’s deputy general secretary by Sasikala just hours before she surrendered before a Bengaluru court, and Dr Venkatesh want to control the power, and are ready to fight it out till the end.
Even though a final decision will be taken by Sasikala, sources said Dinakaran had gone to Bengaluru on Monday to convince her to continue in active politics.
With signs emerging that Sasikala family may be willing to concede space, there are report of backdoor negotiations between the two factions.
While EPS is from the backward Gondar community and is being supported by Thambi Dorai, OPS is from the other dominant Thevar community.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Virender Sehwag Accepts Commentary Challenge from Sunny Leone
- New Chevrolet Beat to Launch in India on May 25
- Priyanka to Rajkummar: Bollywood Actors Who've Mastered Roles in Disguise
- Jennifer Lopez's Latest Outfit Proves There's No One As Bold As Her
- Watch Harbhajan Singh's Special Act as Rohit Celebrates Birthday