DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Corruption charges against Gogoi baseless: Sheila
Sheila said that during the last 10 years the Cong govt has laid the foundation for rapid development of Assam.
Guwahati: Rubbishing corruption charges against Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi, his Delhi counterpart Sheila Dikshit on Tuesday hit out at AGP and BJP, saying the opposition has no moral right to level such allegations.
"Neither AGP nor BJP has any clear stand on the issue (of corruption). Hence, they have no moral right to talk about it," Sheila told reporters after addressing three election rallies in Guwahati.
She said Gogoi has made it clear that if any charges were proved against him, he would quit politics. "What more can you expect from a chief minister? Allegations against the chief minister and some of his cabinet colleagues are baseless," she said.
Sheila said that during the last ten years the Congress government in Assam has laid the foundation for rapid development of the state.
She said welfare measures initiated by Gogoi have led to a decrease in the number of BPL families in the state.
Dikshit said that on the basis of the performance of the Gogoi government, the Congress was certain to return to power for the third successive term. "There is no doubt about it," she added.
Recommended For You
- Why KJo is the Definition of Love, Friendship and Bold Decisions
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere