Corruption synonymous with Cong: Brinda in Assam
CPM Politburo member Brinda Karat on Tuesday urged people to vote for 17 party candidates contesting the polls.
Rangapara (Assam): CPM Politburo member Brinda Karat on Tuesday urged people to vote for 17 party candidates contesting the polls in Assam and give them a chance to serve the people. "We are not here to form a government but to serve the people. Do not go by parties but look at the integrity of the candidates who can serve you," Karat said at a public rally organised to campaign for party candidate Robin Tamuly.
CPM candidates can bring about a change in the constituencies and people should vote for their integrity and honest intentions, she said. "Corruption has become synonymous with Congress and the people of Assam has got its taste in the multi-crore North Cachar Hills funds diversion scam and it was time that honest candidates are elected," she said.
She also alleged that there was no development or progress during the BJP rule. "Therefore, we urge the people of Assam not to go by the prospects of the parties but look at the individuals who can help you," Karat added.
The CPM leader also campaigned for the party candidates Moloy Das and Khemraj Chetry at Bihali and Sootea respectively.
Recommended For You
- Kapil Sharma Breaks Down While Filming His Show
- Avail Lowest Fares With AirAsia To Travel Across Asia and Australia
- American Photographer Captures Bollywood at Its Candid Best and Every Photo Narrates a Story
- Sapna Bhavnani-Bani J's 'Kissing' Photo Has Set The Internet On Fire
- New Nissan Terrano Launched at a Starting Price of Rs 9.9 Lakh