Country is Heading Towards Dictatorship Under BJP: Mayawati
BSP Supremo Mayawati hit back at BJP and said the country will have to face serious consequences of dictatorship if the BJP were to gain power in the state in the upcoming assembly elections in 2017.
Lucknow: Hours after BJP chief Amit Shah attacked BSP Supremo Mayawati in a rally in Uttar Pradesh’s Saharanpur, Behenji hit back and said the country will have to face serious consequences of dictatorship if the BJP were to gain power in the state in the upcoming assembly elections in 2017.
“The Constitution needs to be saved by throwing away BJP in the polls,” Mayawati said.
Taking a direct swipe at PM Narendra Modi she said: “PM Modi’s government has not been able to complete even one-third of its poll promises in the past two and half years of their tenure.”
The BSP Supremo also pointed out that incidents like Rohith Vemula suicide and flogging of Dalit youth in Una could have been avoided and the way Muslims and Dalits have suffered is saddening as the government continues to follow the RSS agenda.
On the current rift within the Samajwadi Party (SP), Mayawati said that BJP will draw benefits from this division in SP.
“The way Shivpal and Akhilesh supporters are fighting they will contest elections to defeat each other,” she added further.
Mayawati didn’t spare Uttar Pradesh CM Akhilesh Yadav’s Samajwadi Rath Yatra either and said, “Had SP worked on the lines of Sarvajan Hitay, they wouldn’t have felt the need of starting a Rath Yatra.”
“Mulayam wouldn’t have to act as a secular leader by inviting leaders from various parties,” She said.
“Samajwadi Party is divided due to the selfish nature of party members and the infighting makes it evident that all is not well there,” she said.
She added that supporting SP would amount to supporting BJP which means bringing an anti-poor, anti-dalit, anti-muslim government in UP.
"The Muslim community should not waste its vote, otherwise it will directly benefit the BJP. This would clearly mean allowing formation of an anti-Dalit, anti-Muslim and anti-poor government in the state," she added.
On the question Mahagathbandhan in UP similar to the one in Bihar, Mayawati said the SP’s efforts reflect that they have already accepted their defeat and there is nothing worth recalling as far as the ruling party’s work is concerned.
“SP is just trying to fool common people by their acts and none of the parties have any concrete reason to form a coalition with them,” she said.
- Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety: Is The Misogyny Served Worth Your Money?
- Now Showing: Masand's Verdict On Welcome To New York, Sonu Ke Tittu Ki Sweety & Three Billboards
- Udaipur Music Festival: Music, As Explained By The Artistes From Across The Globe
- Maldives Emergency : India Appears to be Losing Ground to China in the Indian Ocean | World In Flux
Recommended For You
- Rohit to Lead India in Tri-series; Kohli & Dhoni Likely to be Rested
- Watch Review: Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety: Is The Misogyny Served Worth Your Money?
- Munch on Strawberries to Pause Time and Undo Ageing
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 5, Note 5 Pro Tips n Tricks: How to Get The Best Out of Your New Android Smartphones
- Kareena Looks Stunning in a Black Saree as She Attends Bengaluru International Film Festival; See Pics