Court to consider ex-minister Mohanty's bail plea
While the Mohanty couple and their son have been arrested, their daughter and her husband are still at large.
Bhubaneswar: On the eve of a Balasore court taking up bail petition of former Odisha Law Minister Raghunath Mohanty and his wife for consideration, their daughter-in-law on Monday demanded the arrest of the two other accused in the dowry torture case slapped by her. Mohanty and his wife Pritilata, arrested from Howrah district of West Bengal on Saturday and produced in the court at Balasore, were sent to jail till Tuesday.
The court is to consider Mohanty couple's bail plea on Tuesday after verifying the case dairy. Mohanty's daughter-in-law Barsa Swony Choudhury had on March 14, 2013 filed an FIR against her parents-in-law, sister-in-law and her husband. While the Mohanty couple and their son Raja Shree have been arrested, their daughter Rupasree and her husband Subhendu Madhual, a doctor by profession, are still at large.
"All five are equally responsible for physical and mental torture on me. Therefore, I demand the arrest of Rupasree and her husband Subhendu Madhual," Barsa said. Subhendu's mother Sanjukta Madhual claimed her son was innocent. "Though Subhendu is married to Mohanty's daughter, he rarely visits his in-laws' house. He rarely meets Barsa. Therefore, the allegation against my son is false," she said.
- In Pics: A Day of High Drama at Samajwadi Party
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: Here is a Brief Profile of the 4 Ministers Sacked by CM Akhilesh Yadav
- The Camps: Split Wide Open in UP's First Family, Who Stands Where
- UP CM Akhilesh Yadav Dumps Shivpal Yadav, Three other ministers
- Bird Flu: Threat of Infection to Migratory Birds
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- Centre Forms Three-member Committee to Keep Bird Flu in Check
- After Rita Bahuguna Joshi's Exit, More Congress Veterans Eye BJP