CP Joshi takes charge as Railway Minister
Joshi was given the additional charge of the Railways on Saturday, a day after TMC leader Mukul Roy quit the post.
New Delhi: Union minister CP Joshi on Monday formally took charge as the new Railway Minister until the Cabinet reshuffle takes place. Joshi was given the additional charge of the Railways on Saturday, a day after Trinamool Congress leader Mukul Roy quit the post after his party chief Mamata Banerjee withdrew support from the government.
Joshi already holds the portfolio of Road Transport and Highways Ministry.
The Cabinet reshuffle is expected on Tuesday.
- Bird Flu: Threat of Infection to Migratory Birds
- Centre Forms Three-member Committee to Keep Bird Flu in Check
- Arun Jaitley Calls on Private Sector to Invest, Cites Low Cost of Capital
- Chief Justice of India Differs With Arun Jaitley on Courts Delaying Arbitration
- 2nd Test: Pakistan Build Commanding Lead Over West Indies
- Hockey: India's Top 5 Victories Over Pakistan
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: India Prevail 3-2 in Pacy Encounter vs Pakistan
- 'Upbeat West Indies Test side not impacted by bad results'