DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
CPI demands amendments to Food Security Bill
The CPI member further said the PDS system in the country need to be streamlined and its current scope be expanded.
Mumbai: The Maharashtra unit of CPI on Tuesday sought amendments to the Food Security Bill introduced in Parliament last year.
"Since there are some loopholes in the proposed bill, with the possibility that the legislation will infringe upon the rights of state governments, amendments should be made to it," CPI member Prakash Reddy said.
He said the Left parties; including the CPI, CPM and Forward Bloc (FB) have been staging agitations in various parts of the country since yesterday over the demand.
Reddy further said the PDS system in the country need to be streamlined and its current scope be expanded.
Recommended For You
- Kohli Feels India Well-Equipped to Defend Champions Trophy Crown
- Andy Murray Struggles With Illness on French Open Eve: Reports
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835