CPI demands amendments to Food Security Bill
The CPI member further said the PDS system in the country need to be streamlined and its current scope be expanded.
Mumbai: The Maharashtra unit of CPI on Tuesday sought amendments to the Food Security Bill introduced in Parliament last year.
"Since there are some loopholes in the proposed bill, with the possibility that the legislation will infringe upon the rights of state governments, amendments should be made to it," CPI member Prakash Reddy said.
He said the Left parties; including the CPI, CPM and Forward Bloc (FB) have been staging agitations in various parts of the country since yesterday over the demand.
Reddy further said the PDS system in the country need to be streamlined and its current scope be expanded.
Recommended For You
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: MS Dhoni Scores 43 But Jharkhand Loses to Karnataka
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology