DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
CPI for talks with insurgent outfits in Assam
CPI promised to include all the insurgent outfits in the state in negotiations to solve the vexed militancy issue.
Guwahati: The Assam unit of the CPI on Wednesday promised to include all the insurgent outfits in the state in negotiations to solve the vexed militancy problem.
Releasing the party's election manifesto for next month's Assembly poll, Bhogeswar Dutta of CPI state council, said the NDFB and other militant outfits should be called for negotiation following the government's peace initiatives with the banned ULFA.
Welcoming the initial round of talks with the ULFA, the CPI leader said his party was in favour of finding a political solution to the issue.
Criticising the economic liberalisation process of the Congress which led to "large scale corruption of late", the party promised to take up the issue on the floor of the Assembly and launch a massive public agitation.
Slamming both the Congress and BJP, the manifesto regretted that during their rule at the Centre the country suffered and appealed to the people to vote them out of power.
CPI pledged to the people to effectively tackle major problems afflicting the state, including that of infiltration and flood, if voted to power.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli Unhappy With Head Coach Anil Kumble?
- This Old Picture Of Shah Rukh Khan, Farah Khan and Karan Johar Is Pure Gold
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- GST Effect: Ford Figo, Aspire, EcoSport Get Discounts Of Up To Rs 30,000
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong