CPI for talks with insurgent outfits in Assam
CPI promised to include all the insurgent outfits in the state in negotiations to solve the vexed militancy issue.
Guwahati: The Assam unit of the CPI on Wednesday promised to include all the insurgent outfits in the state in negotiations to solve the vexed militancy problem.
Releasing the party's election manifesto for next month's Assembly poll, Bhogeswar Dutta of CPI state council, said the NDFB and other militant outfits should be called for negotiation following the government's peace initiatives with the banned ULFA.
Welcoming the initial round of talks with the ULFA, the CPI leader said his party was in favour of finding a political solution to the issue.
Criticising the economic liberalisation process of the Congress which led to "large scale corruption of late", the party promised to take up the issue on the floor of the Assembly and launch a massive public agitation.
Slamming both the Congress and BJP, the manifesto regretted that during their rule at the Centre the country suffered and appealed to the people to vote them out of power.
CPI pledged to the people to effectively tackle major problems afflicting the state, including that of infiltration and flood, if voted to power.
- Abhishek Kapoor Will Always Remain a Friend: Farhan Akhtar
- Fun to Explore the Singer in Me, Says Shraddha Kapoor
- Abhishek Kapoor Was, Is And Will Always Remain a Friend: Farhan Akhtar
- My Character in Rock On 2 Goes Through an Internal Conflict: Farhan Akhtar
- Pakistan Cricket Board Bars Push-Ups on Field After Match Wins
- Team India, Ravichandran Ashwin Head Latest ICC Test Rankings
- Uri Attack: JuD Claims Responsibility For The Terror Assault, Pak Under Pressure
- US Asks Pak to Act Against Terror Groups Who Attack Neighbours