DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
CPI-M accused of violating model code of conduct
As per code, graffiti is not to be written on walls of govt buildings.
Siliguri: A complaint was lodged on Friday against the Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) in Siliguri for violating the election code of conduct by defacing the wall of a government building.
The complaint was filed at the Siliguri police station by Siliguri Sadar Development Officer (SDO) Sarat Dwivedi, who is also the returning officer of the area.
Siliguri is around 600 km from Kolkata.
As per the code, graffiti cannot be written on walls of government buildings.
The officer-in-charge of Siliguri police station said a case will be started against Jibesh Sarkar, the party's candidate for the Darjeeling Lok Sabha seat, on the basis of the FIR.
Recommended For You
- May 24, 2004: When Hussain Walked Into the Sunset On His Own Terms
- Europa League: Ajax, Man United Indulge in Banter Ahead of Final
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- Suresh Raina, Shikhar Dhawan Join Break The Beard Club
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish