CPI-M accused of violating model code of conduct
As per code, graffiti is not to be written on walls of govt buildings.
Siliguri: A complaint was lodged on Friday against the Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) in Siliguri for violating the election code of conduct by defacing the wall of a government building.
The complaint was filed at the Siliguri police station by Siliguri Sadar Development Officer (SDO) Sarat Dwivedi, who is also the returning officer of the area.
Siliguri is around 600 km from Kolkata.
As per the code, graffiti cannot be written on walls of government buildings.
The officer-in-charge of Siliguri police station said a case will be started against Jibesh Sarkar, the party's candidate for the Darjeeling Lok Sabha seat, on the basis of the FIR.
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology