CPI-M expels MP who praised Narendra Modi
A P Abdulla Kutty had been suspended from the party for the same reason also.
Kannur (Kerala): A P Abdulla Kutty, a Kerala MP who was suspended from the Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) after praising Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, was on Saturday sacked from the party.
Kannur district party secretary P Sasi said in a statement that Kutty had been dismissed because he continued to violate party discipline even during his suspension period.
Kutty, 41, a Lok Sabha member from Kannur for two terms, expressed disappointment over the party decision.
"The party was like a father to me. A few leaders in the party are responsible for what has happened to me. I did not get any consideration from the party despite being a member from a minority community," he told reporters.
Kutty was suspended on January 17 because he hailed Modi's development initiatives in an interview to a leading Malayalam TV channel. Kutty later clarified that he did not approve of Modi's "communal politics".
Addressing reporters here on Friday, he again lashed out at the CPI-M, saying the Congress was always considerate to young MPs, but not his party.
A devout Muslim, Kutty is known to be a strong supporter of Chief Minister VS Achuthanandan.
- Mirzya New Trailer is All About Love, Passion and Music
- SRK Turns Into a DJ for Radio Show and His First Mix Will Leave You in Splits
- Rakesh Roshan Clarifies Krrish 4 Will Not Clash With 'Younger Brother' SRK's Film
- SRK, Randeep Hooda Condemn Uri Attack, Offer Condolences To Martyrs' Kin
- BCCI Has Been Unfair to Pakistan, Says Mudassar Nazar
- Pakistani Comedian's Take On Why India-Pakistan Should Not Go To War Is A Must Read
- Jeep Compass SUV Unveiled, India Launch in 2017
- LeT Joins Hands With ISIS To Infiltrate Subcontinent