DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
CPI(M), CPI Favour a Common Opposition Nominee For Prez Polls
The term of President Pranab Mukherjee is coming to an end on July 24. (PTI file photo)
New Delhi: Top leaders of the CPI(M) and the CPI met in New Delhi on Thursday to discuss the possibility of "like-minded" opposition parties fielding a common candidate for the presidential poll.
The term of President Pranab Mukherjee is coming to an end on July 24.
Reddy said the CPI(M) and the CPI will discuss the idea with other left, secular and democratic opposition parties.
From the CPI, its national council secretaries D Raja, Atul Kumar Anjaan, Amarjeet Kaur and Shamim Faizi took part in the meeting, besides Reddy.
Yechury too had on Wednesday expressed the need for the opposition parties to field a consensus candidate for the election to ensure "secular supervision" of the Rashtrapati Bhavan.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Why KJo is the Definition of Love, Friendship and Bold Decisions
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment