WB: CPM, TMC workers clash, 3 injured
The clashes reportedly took place over filing of nomination papers for a school managing committee election.
Kolkata: Three people were injured when members of the Communist Party of India (Marxist) and the Trinamool Congress (TMC) clashed in the Nandi Gram area of Asansol sub-division in the Burdwan district of West Bengal on Friday.
The clashes reportedly took place over filing of nomination papers for a school managing committee election. Three CPM supporters were injured.
Both parties were seen openly displaying bamboo sticks and other weapons in their rallies. Security beefed up in the area following the violence. More details on the incident are awaited.
- DMK Will Not Let Minority Rights to be Snatched Through UCC: Stalin
- Watch: Masand's Verdict On Tom Cruise's Jack Reacher: Never Go Back
- Jack Reacher: Never Go Back Review: Lacks Suspense, High-Adrenaline Thrills
- 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' Review: The Film is Dull and Predictable
- Trump Supporters Hopeful, Think he is the Only Solution to US Ills
- Donald Trump Says He Will Win General Elections
- Hillary Clinton Says She Will No Longer Respond to Donald Trump
- TWTW: Cyrus Broacha's take on 3rd US Presidential Debate between Trump and Hillary