WB: CPM, TMC workers clash, 3 injured
The clashes reportedly took place over filing of nomination papers for a school managing committee election.
Kolkata: Three people were injured when members of the Communist Party of India (Marxist) and the Trinamool Congress (TMC) clashed in the Nandi Gram area of Asansol sub-division in the Burdwan district of West Bengal on Friday.
The clashes reportedly took place over filing of nomination papers for a school managing committee election. Three CPM supporters were injured.
Both parties were seen openly displaying bamboo sticks and other weapons in their rallies. Security beefed up in the area following the violence. More details on the incident are awaited.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Mitchell Starc Ends Association With Virat Kohli and Co.
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- Running Shaadi Review: It's Weighed Down by Choppy Editing, Inconsistent Screenplay
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Female)
- Jaguar XE, XF and F-Pace Owners Can Soon Pay for Fuel Through Their Infotainment System