Cremation site of Bal Thackeray similar to Ayodhya: Shiv Sena
Shiv Sena leader Sanjay Raut also asked the government and court not to intervene in the issue.
Mumbai: Shiv Sena on Tuesday said the place where Sena supremo Bal Thackeray's last rites were conducted was similar to Ayodhya. "The place where Balasaheb's last rites were conducted at the Shivaji Park is similar to Ayodhya. The sanctity of the place should be maintained. It is like a temple for us and we won't remove the structure that has come up at the cremation site," Shiv Sena leader Sanjay Raut told reporters here.
He also asked the government and court not to intervene in the issue. "The government and court should not come in between," he added. "Its sanctity is similar to Ayodhya. We are not calling it a memorial. But we want the memorial at the Shivaji Park," Raut said.
Senior party leader Manohar Joshi first made the demand for the memorial of Bal Thackeray at Shivaji Park, soon after Thackeray was cremated. The Sena patriarch died on 17th of this month at his 'Matoshree' residence.
- Arun Jaitley Calls on Private Sector to Invest, Cites Low Cost of Capital
- Varun Gandhi Rejects Charges Against Him As False, Frivolous
- Chief Justice of India Differs With Arun Jaitley on Courts Delaying Arbitration
- Debit Card Fraud: Jaitley Seeks Report, Says Aim is to Contain Damage
- Raj Thackeray Claims Victory, Rs 5 Cr Penance For Producers Employing Pak Artistes
- Reliance Jio 4G Speeds Slow? Here's What You Need to Know About Daily FUP
- Ranbir Kapoor, Anushka Sharma Explain Why Working With Karan Johar is Special
- MNS Defiant Despite Rajnath's Assurance to Bollywood: Time to Arrest Raj Thackeray?