Cremation site of Bal Thackeray similar to Ayodhya: Shiv Sena
Shiv Sena leader Sanjay Raut also asked the government and court not to intervene in the issue.
Mumbai: Shiv Sena on Tuesday said the place where Sena supremo Bal Thackeray's last rites were conducted was similar to Ayodhya. "The place where Balasaheb's last rites were conducted at the Shivaji Park is similar to Ayodhya. The sanctity of the place should be maintained. It is like a temple for us and we won't remove the structure that has come up at the cremation site," Shiv Sena leader Sanjay Raut told reporters here.
He also asked the government and court not to intervene in the issue. "The government and court should not come in between," he added. "Its sanctity is similar to Ayodhya. We are not calling it a memorial. But we want the memorial at the Shivaji Park," Raut said.
Senior party leader Manohar Joshi first made the demand for the memorial of Bal Thackeray at Shivaji Park, soon after Thackeray was cremated. The Sena patriarch died on 17th of this month at his 'Matoshree' residence.
- Karan Johar, Badshah to Team Up For a TV Show
- Watch: Talking point With Zakka Jacob
- Fadnavis 'Did not Discourage' Johar's 5 Crore 'Donation' to Army Fund
- Abhishek Kapoor Will Always Remain a Friend: Farhan Akhtar
- BSF Officer Injured in Pakistan Shelling, Succumbs
- Tata Stocks Plunge on Concerns Over Cyrus Mistry Letter
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Arrested by Delhi Police For Possessing Defence Related Documents
- Asian Development Bank Declines to Fund Pakistan Dam Project