DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Crimes against women blot on our conscience: Sonia
Sonia said that cases of sexual harassment, women trafficking and female foeticide should shake us and awaken us.
Jaipur: Congress president Sonia Gandhi said in Jaipur on Friday that issues related to crimes against women and children must be promptly dealt with. "Discrimination against the girl child and atrocities against women are a blot on our collective conscience. Sexual harassment, women trafficking and female foeticide should shake us and awaken us," Sonia Gandhi said at the party's meeting in Jaipur.
"Gender issues are fundamental and the entire party must bring this to the heart of political activity and change mindsets," she said. On the situation on Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir, she said: "Dialogue with neighbours must be based on accepted principles of civilised behaviour."
Asking the Congress to look at its strengths, weaknesses and threats, Sonia Gandhi said, "There is increased competition and inroads have been made in our traditional strongholds. We have to strike a fine balance between respecting alliances and ensuring rejuvenation of the party." She asked party men to observe austerity. "Lavish weddings will lead to questions on where money came from," she said.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere