Culture Ministry Refutes Media Reports on Awards
File photo of RSS volunteers
New Delhi: Union Culture Ministry on Tuesday refuted reports in a section of media that the government has given its go ahead to an RSS affiliate to institute own 'Nobel awards' -- Naimishya Samman -- and has also allocated funds for it.
The Ministry, in a statement said that the news is "completely wrong and incorrect".
Media reports had stated that Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh's cultural unit Sanskar Bharti was going to set up its own 'Nobel awards' in various fields, including Peace, Human Rights, and Literature, following Culture Ministry's nod.
"...Ministry of Culture would like to clarify that no proposal has been received from any quarter to introduce awards...It is also clarified that this ministry has not allotted any budget for instituting 'Naimishya Samman'," the Ministry said.
"A section of media has published this news without verifying it from the authorised sources of the Ministry of Culture. This has created a lot of confusion in the minds of the stakeholders of Ministry of Culture and general public," it said.
Recommended For You
- Interview - Colonel Manoj Keshwar – The Military Motorcyclist
- Toilet Ek Prem Katha: First Song of the 'Progressive' Film Looks Too Regressive
- Ziva and Zoravar Bond on the Sea Beach in Jolly Harbour
- Kareena, Katrina To Malaika: B-Town Celebrities Attend Manish Malhotra's Bash
- Virender Sehwag Has the Perfect Advice for Married Men