No discussion on Telangana at CWC meet
TRS chief K Chadrashekhar Rao has been camping in Delhi hoping for a formal announcement from the Centre on Telangana.
New Delhi: The Congress Working Committee on Tuesday did not discuss the demand for a separate state of Telangana in its meet, that was largely dominated by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh's economic reforms.
Telangana was not discussed even as Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) chief K Chadrashekhar Rao has been camping in Delhi hoping for a formal announcement from the Centre on Telangana.
Earlier, sources had also indicated that a Congress-TRS merger may be on the cards. Sources in the Centre had said that the government reportedly wanted the TRS to join it before it considers taking up the matter.
TRS sources had said that serious discussions were going on over the matter. However, even as speculation of discussions on Telangana were rife before the CWC meet, Congress spokesperson Janardhan Dwivedi made it clear that the issue did not figure in the meet.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Oscar Predictions: La La Land or Moonlight; Who Will Win Big?
- Kumble Defends Kohli & Co, Says It Was Just One Bad Day For India
- Lion Movie Review: A Deeply Moving, Inspiring Film
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology