CWG: CBI asked to file chargesheet against Swiss Timing
Switzerland-based Swiss Timing Ltd has been put on trial for allegedly conspiring and cheating the exchequer in a CWG scam case.
New Delhi: Switzerland-based Swiss Timing Ltd has been put on trial for allegedly conspiring and cheating the exchequer in a Commonwealth Games scam case, involving Suresh Kalmadi and nine others, by a Delhi court which also asked CBI to file a chargesheet against the firm's 3 senior officials.
The court framed charges of cheating and conspiracy against Swiss Timing Ltd for allegedly causing a loss of over Rs 95 crore to the exchequer and said the record of the case "prima facie" suggests there are "incriminating evidence about the involvement" of its three officials in the case.
"It is during perusal of the entire record of the case for proceeding against accused no. 11 (Swiss Timing), whose trial was separated...., it is observed that prima facie there is sufficient incriminating evidence about the involvement of Christophe Berthaud, General Manager of A-11, S Chianese, Sales & Marketing Manager of A-11 and J Spiri, Multi Sports Events & Sales Manager of A-11 in the offences involved in the present case," Special CBI Judge Ravinder Kaur said.
"Thus, the process is liable to be issued against them to seek their presence before the court. Process against them be issued through proper channel for May 28, 2013. The proceedings against these three persons are separated from the main file which is already fixed for prosecution evidence. Investigating Officer is directed to file a copy of charge sheet against the above referred three persons," the judge said.
Swiss Timing Ltd was chargesheeted by CBI along with Kalmadi and others in a case relating to "illegally" awarding a contract to install Timing, Scoring and Results (TSR) system for the 2010 CWG to Swiss Timing Ltd at inflated rates causing a huge loss to the exchequer.
CWG Organising Committee (OC) sacked chairman Kalmadi and nine others, including OC's former Secretary General Lalit Bhanot, are facing trial in the case for offences punishable under the IPC and the Prevention of Corruption Act.
- Shivaay Review: Ajay Devgn-starrer Is Seldom Compelling
- Shivaay Movie Review: Ajay Devgn Is In Every Frame and We Wish He Wasn't
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil, Shivaay Advance Bookings Have Been Phenomenal: Reports
- Don't Have Grace in Dancing: Ajay Devgn
- RBI Staff's Rangoli Tribute To Raghuram Rajan Is Perfect
- When she was born, there was no joy and celebration: Kangana Ranaut's father recalls her birth
- Kangana Ranaut wished to make a film on sister, acid attack survivor Rangoli's life
- Gold prices soar by Rs 840 in biggest single-day gain in 2014