DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
DCs to check cash distribution to voters
Authorities have seized unaccounted money running to several lakhs in Chennai.
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Electoral Officer, Praveen Kumar, on Wesnesday advised District Collectors to check whether freebies or cash to voters were distributed along with newspapers everyday.
"It is alleged that one of the practices, which may be adopted by certain elements, to distribute money to induce voters is by giving cash or freebies along with newspaper being distributed everyday. Collectors have been directed to make efforts to check such violations ", Praveen Kumar said in a statement here.
The electoral officer also asked the District Collectors to include the names of those vendors (both the person distributing and the supplier) in the First Information Report (FIR) if any case of distributing cash or freebies along with newspaper was "detected", the statement added.
Police and election officials have seized unaccounted money running to several lakhs, over the past few days, from parts of the state which goes to the polls on April 13 along with Kerala and Puducherry.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli and Shikhar Dhawan Turn on Delhi Swag in London
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet