DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Decision on Congress PM candidate after elections, says Shukla
Shukla said, party President Sonia Gandhi and Vice President Rahul Gandhi will lead the Congress in Lok Sabha polls.
Kanpur: The decision on the post of Prime Minister will be taken after the 2014 general elections, which the Congress will contest under the leadership of Sonia and Rahul Gandhi, Union minister Rajiv Shukla said on Saturday.
"Country's leadership is currently in the able hands of Dr Manmohan Singh. As far as the PM candidate for 2014 Lok Sabha polls is concerned, the Congress Parliamentary Party will take a decision in this regard after the polls," Shukla said. Shukla, who was here to attend a meeting of Uttar Pradesh Cricket Association, said party President Sonia Gandhi and Vice President Rahul Gandhi will lead the Congress in Lok Sabha polls.
When asked about recently-reported remarks of Union Minister Beni Prasad Verma on Samjwadi party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav, Shukla said the matter has been resolved now. On DMK's departure from UPA and the CBI raids on its leader MK Stalin's house that followed, the Minister said there was no political vendetta behind the raids and the government is fully stable.
Recommended For You
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams: It Coasts Along on the Strength of Nostalgia
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Virender Sehwag Asked to Apply for the Post of India Coach
- Take a Journey Through the Lives of Famous Sportsmen With These Films
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi