Declare Italian marines absconders: Rajnath Singh
The BJP chief further demanded that the UPA government take appropriate action against the Italian ambassador.
New Delhi: BJP President Rajnath Singh on Wednesday demanded that the two Italian marines involved in the killing of Indian fishermen should be declared absconders and efforts should be made to apprehend them with the help of Interpol.
"The two Italian marines who had killed two innocent Indian fishermen on the Kerala coast should be declared absconders by our government. India should also make efforts to arrest them with the help of Interpol as they have broken the law and should be brought to book," Singh told PTI.
He further said that the Italian Ambassador to India had given a guarantee to the Supreme Court that the two marines will return after casting their votes in the elections in their country but this has been breached by him. The UPA government should take appropriate action against the ambassador, Singh said.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Heaviest Defeats for India at Home Since 1987
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: MS Dhoni Scores 43 But Jharkhand Loses to Karnataka
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology