Defamation cases: Summons issued to Karunanidhi
The court also ordered issue of summons to MK Stalin besides publishers and editors of two English dailies in various defamation cases filed by the TN government.
Chennai: A local court on Wednesday ordered issue of summons to DMK chief M Karunanidhi, his son and party treasurer MK Stalin besides publishers and editors of two English dailies in various defamation cases filed by the Jayalalithaa government.
Principal Sessions Judge P Kalayarasan ordered issue of summons to Karunanidhi and S Selvam, printer, publisher and editor of 'Murasoli', the DMK mouthpiece, to appear before the court on October 10 in connection with an article, which criticised Chief Minister Jayalalithaa's recent stay in Kodanad estate.
The court also ordered issue of summons to Stalin along with a printer and publisher of a daily and its editor to appear before it on October 10 in connection with an article on Jayalalithaa's stay at Kodanad.
It also ordered issue of summons to Stalin and Selvam on the same day in another case in connection with the former's criticism on the government filing defamation cases against newspapers.
On another complaint, it ordered DMDK founder Vijayakant and a printer and publisher of another daily and its editor to appear before it on October 15 in connection with an article with the DMDK leader's criticism of the chief minister.
It also summoned PMK founder S Ramadoss and printer and publisher and reporter of a vernacular magazine to appear before it in connection with an interview published in it, before October 9.
- Barack Obama Trolls Donald Trump Over 'Mean Tweet' on Late Night TV
- Indian-American Governors Bobby Jindal, Nikki Haley Insulted by Trump
- Despite Mulayam's Peace Efforts, Rift Widens Between Akhilesh, Shivpal
- Feud Won't Affect Muslim Votes, Says SP's Azam Khan, Analysts Not So Sure
- Akhilesh Fantastic CM but Needs Time to Be Mass Leader: Amar Singh
- Samajwadi Party Youth Wing Torches Effigy of Amar Singh
- News360: Can Patriarch MSY Solve Chacha-Bhatija Spat?
- Amar Singh Got Akhilesh Story Planted in Newspaper: Ashu Malik