DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Delhi Assembly polls: Sheila Dikshit meets Sonia Gandhi
Dikshit is poised to seek an unprecedented fourth term as Delhi's Chief Minister when assembly polls are held in November.
New Delhi: Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Wednesday called on Congress president Sonia Gandhi and is believed to have apprised her about the party's preparation for the upcoming Assembly polls.
The meeting lasted for around 35 minutes. Dikshit is poised to seek an unprecedented fourth term as Delhi's Chief Minister when assembly polls are held in November.
She has already asked partymen to start preparations for the election. There has been speculation in the party circle that DPCC president JP Aggarwal may be replaced soon.
Sources said Dikshit discussed issues relating to party with Gandhi. The meeting came two days after Dikshit landed in a controversy for her comments that a man had offered her money to get a ticket for assembly polls. Opposition BJP has slammed her for not taking action against the person and termed the incident as reflection of "Congress culture".
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet