DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Delhi BJP suspends rape-charged leader
Yogesh Attrey was arrested on Friday from Rohini in north Delhi for allegedly raping a woman.
New Delhi: The Delhi BJP unit on Sunday suspended Yogesh Attrey from the party following charges of rape against him. "We got the first hand information through media and we have suspended him. It's our moral responsibility to suspend him. He will not be a party member till he is acquitted in the case," said Delhi Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) unit chief Vijender Gupta.
Attrey, 40, a member of the party's Delhi Pradesh working committee was arrested on Friday from Rohini in north Delhi for allegedly raping a woman. He was sent to two days of police custody.
According to the police, the complainant, who lives in Vijay Vihar told the police that Attrey had sexual relations with her since 2007 and threatened her with dire consequences if she disclosed their relationship.
Attrey had contested Delhi assembly polls in 2008 from Mangolpuri constituency on a BJP ticket.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Virat Kohli and Shikhar Dhawan Turn on Delhi Swag in London
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Big B Celebrates 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony with an Adorable Photo
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet