Delhi BJP suspends rape-charged leader
Yogesh Attrey was arrested on Friday from Rohini in north Delhi for allegedly raping a woman.
New Delhi: The Delhi BJP unit on Sunday suspended Yogesh Attrey from the party following charges of rape against him. "We got the first hand information through media and we have suspended him. It's our moral responsibility to suspend him. He will not be a party member till he is acquitted in the case," said Delhi Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) unit chief Vijender Gupta.
Attrey, 40, a member of the party's Delhi Pradesh working committee was arrested on Friday from Rohini in north Delhi for allegedly raping a woman. He was sent to two days of police custody.
According to the police, the complainant, who lives in Vijay Vihar told the police that Attrey had sexual relations with her since 2007 and threatened her with dire consequences if she disclosed their relationship.
Attrey had contested Delhi assembly polls in 2008 from Mangolpuri constituency on a BJP ticket.
Recommended For You
- Dhoni Motivates Jharkhand Teammates in Unique Style
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Wayne Rooney Ends China Rumours, to Stay at Manchester United
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology