Delhi CM requests Shinde not to transfer her officials
In a meeting with Shinde, Dikshit also urged him to fill the vacant posts at senior level at the earliest.
New Delhi: With Assembly polls just months away, Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Monday requested Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde not to effect any unilateral transfer of senior officials of her government by his Ministry as it may hamper implementation of a number of key schemes.
In a meeting with Shinde, Dikshit also urged him to fill the vacant posts at senior level at the earliest. "I have requested the Home Minister not to further transfer any Delhi Government officers and make appointment in the vacant posts," she said after the meeting.
The Chief Minister had criticised the Home Ministry in May 2012 when it had issued transfer orders for 25 DANICS (Delhi, Andaman Nicobar Island Civil Services) officials.
She had lodged protest with then Home Minister P Chidambaram and even sought the Prime Minister's intervention in the matter. Dikshit had taken a stand that senior officials of Delhi Government should not be transferred without consulting it.
The Home Ministry controls the Arunachal Pradesh, Goa, Mizoram and Union Territories (AGMUT) cadre officers. Dikshit had even issued instructions not to release the 25 officials until equal number of replacements were provided by the Union Home Ministry.
The home ministry had later issued show cause notices to the DANICS officials to explain why they did not comply with the transfer order. Later, some of the officials were released by the Delhi Government.
Sources said Dikshit has taken up the issue as she would not like the Ministry to transfer any senior officials implementing various key projects and schemes in an election year. Assembly polls are due in Delhi in November.
- Watch: Talking point With Zakka Jacob
- Fadnavis 'Did not Discourage' Johar's 5 Crore 'Donation' to Army Fund
- Quetta Terror Attack: 3 Terrorists Killed, Over 60 Dead
- Quetta Attack: Why Pak's 'Action Plan' on Terror Became 'Inaction Plan'
- Cyclonic Storm Kyant May be Heading Towards Andhra Pradesh
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 9: Luxury Budget Task BB Laundry Creates Havoc In The House
- Rajnath Singh Speaks to Odisha CM After Security Forces Kill 24 Maoists
- Andhra Pradesh Deputy CM Suffers Minor Injury After Elevator Cable Snaps