DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Delhi gangrape: Sonia visits victim in hospital
Sonia Gandhi has written to Sushil Kumar Shinde and Sheila Dikshit asking them to ensure such incidents do not occur again.
New Delhi: Congress chief Sonia Gandhi on Tuesday night visited Safdarjung Hospital to inquire about the condition of the 23-year-old gangrape victim and asked the government to take the strictest possible measures to ensure that there is no recurrence of such a barbaric incident that has shaken the country.
Gandhi was at the hospital in New Delhi for about 15-20 minutes during which she inquired about the condition of the girl from the doctors and met her parents, according to Congress General Secretary Janardan Dwivedi.
The doctors told Gandhi that the girl was in a critical state, he said.
According to doctors, the condition of the para-medical student, who was gangraped and brutally assaulted by a group of men in a moving bus on Sunday, had deteriorated in the evening after which she was put on "full-time ventilator support".
The Congress President has written to Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde, Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit and National Commission for Women Chairperson Mamta Sharma and told them to ensure that all possible measures should be taken so that such incidents do not occur again.
Full text of Sonia Gandhi’s letters to Sheila Dikhsit and Sushil Kumar Shinde
Recommended For You
- Maruti Suzuki Says Most Models to Have Automatic Transmission Options by 2020
- Priyanka, Ranveer Extend Their Love to Sachin Tendulkar For His Biopic
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- Snapchat 'Custom Stories' Feature Looks Promising For Group Outings
- 1st ODI: Morgan Slams Ton As England Crush South Africa