Delhi Police arrests BSP MP's wife in domestic help death case
The police registered an FIR under IPC Sections 302 ( murder) and 307 (attempt to murder) before arresting Jagriti Singh.
New Delhi: Delhi Police on Tuesday arrested Bahujan Samaj Party MP Dhananjay Singh's wife Dr Jagriti Singh in the mysterious death case of their domestic help. The police registered an FIR under IPC Sections 302 ( murder) and 307 (attempt to murder) before arresting Jagriti Singh.
The domestic help, a girl, was found dead under mysterious circumstances at Dhananjay Singh's residence in New Delhi on Tuesday morning
Police sources said that she may have died due to torture inflicted by the wife of the BSP MP. Police sources said Jagriti had been allegedly torturing the domestic help for the past 10 months.
The domestic help had injuries on her head, chest, stomach and arms but the exact cause of death will be ascertained by post mortem. Dhananjay Singh is denying allegations of abuse.
Before making the arrest, the police questioned Jagriti at her residence while the MP was at the Chanakyapuri Police Station.
Dhananjay said, "I got a call from Dr Jagriti that her maid had fallen from the terrace and succumbed to the injuries."
Meanwhile, an electrician also said he was beaten up in the MP's residence. "I only went there when called. I was once beaten with slippers and told that I was inciting the other domestic helpers in the house."
- Uri Attack: JuD Claims Responsibility For The Terror Assault, Pak Under Pressure
- US Asks Pakistan to Act Against Terror Groups Who Seek to Attack Neighbours
- Pakistan Selectors Name Unchanged Squad for 3rd Test Against West Indies
- India can Produce up to 492 nuclear Bombs, Claims Pakistan Think-tank
- Trump Calls Attack on ISIS in Mosul a 'Disaster', Hillary Lashes Out
- Jio MAMI 2016: Mira is an Opinionated Girl, Keeps Me Grounded: Shahid Kapoor
- Mosul Offensive Displaced 7,000 People: UN
- Iraqi Forces Encounter Stiff Resistance from ISIS in Mosul