Delhi: Teen who was slapped by policeman to meet Shinde
The class XII student will deliver a support letter carrying signatures of 29,000 people demanding "dismissal of errant cops".
New Delhi: Class XII student Beenu Rawat, who was slapped by a Delhi Police officer while protesting the rape of a five-year-old girl in New Delhi, will meet Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde Friday to demand the dismissal of errant police officers.
The 17-year-old Rawat will meet Shinde in his office at North Block 3 pm on Friday, a press statement said. She will also deliver a support letter carrying signatures of 29,000 people demanding "dismissal of errant cops".
The signature campaign was started by Kapil Mishra, who will also accompany her. Assistant Commissioner of Police BS Ahlawat was suspended for slapping Rawat, an incident caught on TV cameras, while two other policemen were suspended for misbehaving with the rape victim's family.
The girl was brutally raped and tortured by two men, who were later arrested from Bihar where they had fled to hide.
Recommended For You
- HIL 2017 Live Updates: Kalinga Lancers vs UP Wizards, Semi-final
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology