Delhi: Teen who was slapped by policeman to meet Shinde
The class XII student will deliver a support letter carrying signatures of 29,000 people demanding "dismissal of errant cops".
New Delhi: Class XII student Beenu Rawat, who was slapped by a Delhi Police officer while protesting the rape of a five-year-old girl in New Delhi, will meet Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde Friday to demand the dismissal of errant police officers.
The 17-year-old Rawat will meet Shinde in his office at North Block 3 pm on Friday, a press statement said. She will also deliver a support letter carrying signatures of 29,000 people demanding "dismissal of errant cops".
The signature campaign was started by Kapil Mishra, who will also accompany her. Assistant Commissioner of Police BS Ahlawat was suspended for slapping Rawat, an incident caught on TV cameras, while two other policemen were suspended for misbehaving with the rape victim's family.
The girl was brutally raped and tortured by two men, who were later arrested from Bihar where they had fled to hide.
- Bollywood Friday: Will Sushant Singh Rajput's MS Dhoni Live Up To The Expectations?
- MS Dhoni Biopic May be the Biggest Risk of Sushant Singh Rajput's Career
- Everybody Deserves to Know Dhoni's Inspiring Story: Bhumika Chawla
- Sushant Singh Rajput Talks about Dhoni, Bollywood In His First Selfie Interview
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18