Pak's also in demonetisation mode
Jaitley's ditigal economy push
Modi hits out at Pak
Nitish Kumar supports note ban
Former RBI director to CNN-News18
Oppn seeks apology
PM note ban scheme
PM's development push
Man tries to jump into LS gallery
SC adjourns PILs
Spot the difference in new Rs 500 note
Exchange Old Notes at RBI Counters
Couple Gets Married In Just Rs 500
PM Pitches for Digital Economy
PM on Constitution Day
PM takes on Oppn
Things one can do with the old Rs 500 notes
Cash Shortage to Continue
Imp decision taken by the Centre
Union Commerce Minister Nirmala Sitharaman, in an interview to CNN-News18, said that there is no cash crunch but the cash has to reach perople's hands. She also said it is because of this bold measure that the Indian economy is cleaner and globally the currency is fluctuating.
"People are slowly evolving towards technology such as e-wallets," said the minister.
She admitted the lack of small denomination notes hit the vegetable mandis, but things have changed with the 500 notes coming in. She further added that the labour-intensive sectors are a cause of concern as bank accounts need to be opened.
She urged the Opposition to come and debate.
Stay tuned for LIVE updates
PM ka sahsik kadam hai notebandi, isse desh ka fayda hoga: Bihar CM Nitish Kumar— ANI (@ANI_news) November 25, 2016
Modi Ji, like Uncle Podger, over promises but under delivers. First promises to deliver everything on his own and then creates a mess 4 all— Lalu Prasad Yadav (@laluprasadrjd) November 25, 2016
Nepal's Central Bank reduces the exchange limit of Indian Rs to 2000 from 5000 after India introduced new currency notes of Rs 500 & 2000— ANI (@ANI_news) November 25, 2016
Raghav Chadda hits on PM Modi in a Press Conference
PM has turned RBI into BJP spokesperson which has no credibility.
We request the Modi Govt to pls tell us how many BJP leaders and ministers managed to turn their black money into white.
One senior central minister in the Modi Govt bought 300 acres of land in Haryana by paying in cash. Please tell us who has done it.
PM Modi is responsible for reducing the credibility of RBI.
Income Tax is also conducting a search at his residence of two managers of Axis Bank. I-T department is conducting these searches after two people were caught in Delhi with Rs3.5 cr (New Currency) in Delhi. In their statement, they have admitted that the conversion was done with the help of these two managers. Sources reveal that they took a commission for conversion in the form of gold bricks.
Former RBI director Vipin Malik speaks to CNN-News18 on the issue of Two type of new Rs 500 notes
*Govt is using the best machines to print the notes. Whenever such imperfection is seen automatically machines throws out the paper.
* There are prescribed officers who see each note in the sheet if the machine slips the imperfection.
* There is zero intolerance for imperfection.
* If large number of notes are imperfect then there should be investigation and culprits should be punished.
* It’s a matter of deep concern.
PM Modi speaks on demonetisation
* I want to stop the loot and harassment of middle class.
* Pushes for Digital currency
* You can make your mobile phone as your bank and wallet.
* Even if you do not have a single rupee in your pocket but if you have money in your account you can pay your bills without even touching your wallet.
* Schools, land purchasing, hospitals everyone asks some part to be paid in cash and some in cash.
* New currency slowly is coming in with the ban on old notes.
* People who have faced the problems for the support I have no words to express my gratitude for it.
* Those days are when we had to fill your pocket with money.
* Fake currency has destroyed the lives of our country youth.
* It was the demand of the time to curb the fake note issue.
* I request you all to stand with me in this movement.
PM Modi inaugrate AIIMS in Bhatinda
* For me, elections do not matter. I am more concerned about the welfare of the farmers.
* People need better social infrastructure for a better life. Central and Punjab Govt is working together for the betterment of social infrastructure.
* It is a result of our efforts that AIIMS is being built in Bhatinda.
* We inaugurate our work in our own term.
* Indian govt these days set a time limit for projects and some of them have even been completed before time.
* If you want to fight then fight against corruption, well-being of poor people but dont fight against India, Says Modi to Pakistan.
* Pakistan was rattled by surgical strike.
* When school in Peshawar was attacked every Indian was sad; People of Pakistan should tell their rulers to fight corruption,fake notes.
* My farmers have the right over the water that flows through Indus, will strive to get that water back.
* Pakistan should fight against corruption, not India
SC Adjourns Demonetisation PILs to Dec 2
Supreme Court has adjourned the hearing of the demonetisation issue to December 2 when it will examine what steps need to be taken to reduce inconvenience to the people. The other issues to be examined by the apex court on that day include whether all the 24 PILs pending in various High Courts should be transferred to Delhi High Court and whether the RBI notification on demonetisation was constitutional or not.
Following is today's business in the Lok Sabha and the Rajya Sabha:
Bills for consideration and passing:
- The Mental Healthcare Bill, 2016.
- The Admiralty (Jurisdiction and
Settlement of Maritime Claims) Bill,
Private Members' Business
Private Members' Business
Further discussion on demonetisation of
Bills for consideration and passing:
- The Human Immunodeficiency Virus and
Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome
(Prevention and Control) Bill, 2014.
- The Employee's Compensation
(Amendment) Bill, 2016.
PM Modi releases 2 books on the eve of Constitution Day
* PM Modi releases 2 books - Updated Edition of Constitution of India & Making of the Constitution - to commemorate Constitution Day on Nov 26
* Without 26 November, we could not have celebrated 26 January
* It is important to be connected with the spirit of the Constitution
* Our January 26 (Republic Day) is incomplete without November 26 (Constitution Day)
* Our Constitution has a very special place in our lives
* Important to be connected with the spirit of the Constitution
PM Narendra Modi hits out at Opposition
* Some say the government wasn’t prepared for demonetisation. In reality, the government didn’t let them prepare for it and that’s why they are upset
* The nation today is fighting a war against corruption and black money
* Comman citizen is a soldier in that fight.
* We need to bring in digital currency for a better future.
* I gave corrupt no time to save with black money.
We caught corrupt people unprepared.
* India has often ranked low in global rankings on corruption. We need to improve that.
* We have waged war against black money.
* Tax collection since Nov8 has increased.
Important to be connected with the spirit of the Constitution, not only be aware of the various articles of the Constitution: PM— PMO India (@PMOIndia) November 25, 2016
Here, in brief, are the important decisions by the Centre
* Over the counter currency exchange for old notes stopped
* Current currency exemptions on essential items extended till December 15
* Only old Rs 500 notes for transactions under all the exempted categories
* Prepaid mobile top up limited to Rs 500
* Purchase of Consumer Cooperative Stores limited to Rs. 5000
* Payment of School Fees upto Rs 2000 allowed in all govt schools -- central, state, municipal and other local bodies
21 Jun, 2017 | South Africa in England SA vs ENG 142/320.0 overs 143/114.3 oversEngland beat South Africa by 9 wickets
18 Jun, 2017 | ICC Champions Trophy PAK vs IND 338/450.0 overs 158/1030.3 oversPakistan beat India by 180 runs
17 Jun, 2017 | Zimbabwe in Scotland SCO vs ZIM 169/1042.0 overs 171/437.0 oversZimbabwe beat Scotland by 6 wickets
15 Jun, 2017 | Zimbabwe in Scotland SCO vs ZIM 317/650.0 overs 272/1041.4 oversScotland beat Zimbabwe by 26 runs (D/L method)
15 Jun, 2017 | ICC Champions Trophy BAN vs IND 264/750.0 overs 265/140.1 oversIndia beat Bangladesh by 9 wickets