Sitaram Yechury takes on Govt
Jaitley slams Oppn
Mamata questions note ban
Akhilesh on Demonetisation
Derek O' Brien's speech in RS
Manmohan's straight talk
Areas where the use of denotified notes ends at midnight
Mayawati takes on PM
Manmohan Singh speaks on demonetisation
Lok Sabha Adjourned
Cash van loot
Shatrughan Sinha weighs in
Oppn snubs Rajnath
The Central Government decided that there will be no over-the-counter exchange of old Rs 500 and Rs 1000 notes after midnight of November 24. However, people with old notes in hand can still deposit them in their bank accounts.
Payment of School Fees Upto Rs 2000 allowed in Central Schools, State Govt Schools, Municipality and local body schools.
Payment towards prepaid mobile top up to a limit of Rs 500 per top up.
Stay tuned for LIVE updates
Nothing for agricultural,co-operative,unorganized sector. Nothing for the states, only central sector. Extend use of 500 rupee notes: WB CM— ANI (@ANI_news) November 24, 2016
Toll payment at toll plazas can be made via old Rs.500 notes from 3.12.2016 to 15.12.2016 as toll free arrangement continues upto 2nd Dec.— ANI (@ANI_news) November 24, 2016
Foreign citizens will be permitted to exchange foreign currency upto Rs.5,000 per week.Entry to this effect will be made in their passports.— ANI (@ANI_news) November 24, 2016
Central Government decides that there will be no over the counter exchange of old Rs. 500 and Rs 1000 notes after midnight of 24.11.2016.— ANI (@ANI_news) November 24, 2016
Delhi crime branch apprehended two persons carrying Rs 27 Lakh of new currency notes at Hazrat Nizamuddin railway station.— ANI (@ANI_news) November 24, 2016
While Govt is doing its best to increase availability of new currency, it may be worthwhile to consider special relief measures: Ratan Tata— ANI (@ANI_news) November 24, 2016
Rs 500 notes will be accepted as toll charge at National Highways till Dec 15th even after the exemption is withdrawn: Transport Ministry— ANI (@ANI_news) November 24, 2016
Centre in its affidavit states, demonetisation is a step to reduce ratio of cash transactions;its obj is to unearth illegal parallel economy— ANI (@ANI_news) November 24, 2016
Centre in its affidavit: Re-calibration of ATMs is in full swing;fake currency notes have became useless;funding of terror grps has stopped— ANI (@ANI_news) November 24, 2016
If your intention behind this is good,why such poor implementation?Just like black money do you hv sme 'black motive' behind this?-Thackeray— ANI (@ANI_news) November 24, 2016
Left continues to attack Government:
- Four lakh people have lost their jobs after the implementation of demonetisation scheme by Modi Govenment.
- Since demonetisation have been announced 16 new notifications have come up.
- Why PM didn't say a word about planning.
- People cant withdraw their own money.
- Have served a notice for moving a motion of contempt against the PM for not showing up in the House.
FM Arun Jaitley to hold video conference with bank officers;Will urge them to ask a/c holders to use debit card & e-wallet services: Sources— ANI (@ANI_news) November 24, 2016
Arun Jaitley slams Oppositions over Parliament logjam:
- Opposition is uncomfortable with the debate.
- Scamsters are calling demomnetisation a plunder.
- Disruption not debate is opposition's strategy.
- They are finding new ways to disrupt.
- They are manufacturing reasons to run away from the debate.
- Biggest of corruption cases took place during UPA rule.
- Maximum black money was created in the country during 2004- 2014.
- Govt will brief Parliament on the steps taken by us.
- Cant have conditions for debate
- Opposition was taken by surprise when PM came for debate.
- More Noise and less substance by opposition.
Banks will have lower lend cost. Indirect and direct tax improving.
It will be positive impact on GDP. Banks will have a lot more money to support the economy.
There was policy paralysis in the previous govt.
Finance Minister sources to CNBC:
1.Govt likely to extend the exemptions window by another week to 10 days. This window was expiring on 24th Nov midnight 2
2. PM, FM and other senior ministers and bureaucrats reviewed the demonetisation situation last evening
3. More relief likely for farmers and agricultural sector.
4. Extension of usage of old currency likely for fuel and pharmacies.
5. Announcement on the extension likely by evening.
Derek O' Brien speaks in Rajya Sabha during the demonetisation debate:
- Deeply concerned for the small scale industries.
- Anouncement has hurt everybody
- There is anger among all sections of the people against demonitisation
- Save common man from suffering.
- Mamata Banetrjee calls demonetisation drive is a "big black scandal".
- Now, 16 Opposition parties are opposing govt's demonetisation drive tooth and nail. This is not a solo voice; This is the voice of India
- PM ran a poll and said 92 percent of people are happy, want to know where are these happy people.
- Why govt didn't print more Rs 100 notes if only secrecy was the reason. O
- Old Rs 500 notes should have been allowed to go along with the new RS 500 notes.
There is no watertight compartment between Black or White Economy. This is a Flowing Economy.
You think you are a messiah and others are devils, Derek to PM
This is a financial disaster and we are fighting for the right of the people. The government can put Mamata Banerjee behind the bars if she is guilty.
We have no problem with the plastic economy. Kindly, take our suggestions and do the needful for the benefit of the general public.
Here are the areas where concession on use of denotified notes ends at midnight:
- at government hospitals
- For use in all pharmacies for buying medicines with doctor's prescription
- At railway stations
- For purchases at consumer cooperative stores operated under authorisation of central or state governments with identity proof (Safal, Mother Dairy)
- For purchases at milk booths under central or state governments
- At petrol pumps
- At crematoria and burial grounds
- At international airports for arriving and departing passengers up to Rs 5,000
- For foreign tourists to exchange foreign currency up to Rs 5,000
- For purchase of LPG gas cylinders
- For payments towards on-board catering during travel by rail
- For purchase of tickets for suburban and metro rail travel
- For purchase of entry tickets monument maintained by the Archaeological Survey of India
- For payments towards fees, charges, taxes or penalties, payable to central or state governments including municipal and local bodies
- For payments towards utility charges including water and electricity, but no advance payments
- For payments towards court fees
- For payments towards purchase of seeds from designated state-run outlets, but only Rs 500 notes
- Withdrawal from district central cooperative banks up to Rs 24,000 per week.
Former PM Manmohan Singh speaks on demonetisation in Rajya Sabha
- There are many problems with the note ban policy.
Note ban policy is a monumental mismanagement by the Centre
This can be called organised loot and legalised plunder
- Government is ignoring the grievances of citizens
- People's confidence in banking system is weakened
- We do not know what will be the final outcome of demonetisation
- This can erode people's confidence in the currency system
- RBI has been exposed with the move.
- Find practical ways to relief the distress of the people
- PM must come out with big measures to bring back black money.
- The cooperative banking system in rural india is suffering due to demonetisation.
- Small industries have taken a huge hit due to the implementation of demonetisation scheme.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi wants 50 days for demonetisation drive but the poor people in the country still suffer
- Those who say demonetisation is good in the long run should recall the quote "In the long run we are all dead
Co-operative society member approaches SC in connection with demonetisation issue mentioning that it should accept old notes of Rs 500/1000— ANI (@ANI_news) November 24, 2016
...well Intentioned savings over many years of our mothers & sisters for emergency can't be equated with black money.— Shatrughan Sinha (@ShatruganSinha) November 23, 2016
..depth of the subject. Must understand the pain of the poor, suffering, well wishers, voters, supporters & women. Hard earned &....— Shatrughan Sinha (@ShatruganSinha) November 23, 2016
Let's stop living in a fools' paradise and getting carried away by planted stories & surveys conducted by vested interests. Get into the....— Shatrughan Sinha (@ShatruganSinha) November 23, 2016
Meeting underway at Rajnath Singh's chamber in Parliament. HM, FM Arun Jaitley, Venkaiah Naidu & Ananth Kumar present in meeting— ANI (@ANI_news) November 24, 2016
Bengaluru: Van carrying Rs 1 crore 37 lakhs which driver fled away with yesterday, found abandoned in Vasanth Nagar.Rs 45 lakh,gun recovered— ANI (@ANI_news) November 24, 2016
Sources :Leaders of opposition protesting demonetisation move to meet today, parties to chalk out strategy on Govt's offer to end logjam— ANI (@ANI_news) November 24, 2016
Sources: Government attempts to break deadlock in Parliament,Parliamentary Affairs Minister Ananth Kumar reaches out to opposition parties.— ANI (@ANI_news) November 24, 2016
28 Apr, 2017 | Indian Premier League SRH vs KXIP 207/320.0 overs 181/920.0 oversSunrisers Hyderabad beat Kings XI Punjab by 26 runs
28 Apr, 2017 | Indian Premier League DD vs KKR 160/620.0 overs 161/316.2 oversKolkata Knight Riders beat Delhi Daredevils by 7 wickets
27 Apr, 2017 | Indian Premier League RCB vs GL 134/1020.0 overs 135/313.5 oversGujarat Lions beat Royal Challengers Bangalore by 7 wickets
26 Apr, 2017 | Indian Premier League RPS vs KKR 182/520.0 overs 184/318.1 oversKolkata Knight Riders beat Rising Pune Supergiant by 7 wickets
24 Apr, 2017 | Indian Premier League RPS vs MI 160/620.0 overs 157/820.0 oversRising Pune Supergiant beat Mumbai Indians by 3 runs