Demonetisation Survey is Fake, Sponsored, Alleges Mayawati
BSP supremo Mayawati speaks to the media in Parliament . (Image Pankaj Tomar/Network18)
Bahujan Samaj Party chief Mayawati on Thursday attacked Prime Minister Narendra Modi by calling his survey on demonetisation as "fake and sponsored" and dared him to dissolve the Lok Sabha and face elections.
"The survey of Modiji is fake and sponsored. If he has guts then he should dissolve the Lok Sabha and face elections, then only real survey can be done," Mayawati told media outside the Parliament.
Mayawati's remarks came after the government on Wednesday said over 93 per cent of people taking part in an app-based survey supported the move.
Modi had on Tuesday asked people to give their first-hand views and rate the Centres decision to spike Rs 500 and 1,000 notes on his official app.
On November 8, the government demonetised the higher value currency notes to curb "black money and corruption".
The demonetisation triggered chaos across the country, with people continuing to line up outside banks and ATMs in interminably long queues.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli and Co Thank Pune for Hospitality as They Head to Cuttack
- Bigg Boss 10: Om Swami to be a Part of Show's Finale
- Reliance Jio Effect: Vodafone Offering 4GB Data for The Price of 1GB and More
- Somdev Devvarman Tears Into AITA in an Open Letter - Read Here
- Alia Bhatt Looks Adorable Dressed As Kareena Kapoor Khan From Jab We Met