Deshmukh's ashes to be immersed on August 30
Vilasrao Deshmukh (67) died of a serious liver ailment at a Chennai Hospital on August 14.
Mumbai: Ashes of late union minister Vilasrao Deshmukh will be taken across the state to enable Congress workers to pay their respects before being immersed on August 30, Maharashtra Pradesh Congress Committee president Manikrao Thakre said today.
Deshmukh (67) died of a serious liver ailment at a Chennai Hospital on August 14.
The ashes will be brought to Mumbai on August 27 and a joint meeting comprising the state executive, district presidents, ministers and state office-bearers will be held where a condolence resolution will be passed, he said.
"The urns containing the late leader's ashes will be handed over to 63 district unit chiefs who will carry them to their respective districts. The urns will be kept at the district party offices on August 30 and immersed in nearby waters after performing rituals on the same day," Thakre told reporters.
In Mumbai, the urn will be kept at the Azad Maidan office of MPCC on August 30 and immersed at Banganga water tank in Walkeshwar of South Mumbai.
Recommended For You
- Indian Spinners Lacked Patience in the Second Innings: Maninder Singh
- Oscars 2017: Why The Sudden Criticism For La La Land Is Disappointing
- Malayalam Actor Prithiviraj Writes Powerful Post Apologising for Misogyny in Films
- Rangoon Movie Review: It's Overlong, Indulgent to the Point of Exhaustion
- Engineer Questions Nature of Pune Pitch, Slams Batsmen