Didn't offer to resign: TMC MP Kalyan Banerjee
Mamata Banerjee was reportedly planning to issue a showcause notice to the MP for supporting the Lokpal Bill.
New Delhi: Amid reports that he had offered to quit as they voted in favour of the government's Lokpal Bill in the Lok Sabha, Trinamool Congress (TMC) MP Kalyan Banerjee on Friday said he has not resigned.
"I have not resigned. These reports are thoroughly incorrect. Someone is playing with a motive (by giving out such reports)," Banerjee told PTI when asked about the reports.
The reports had said that Banerjee, the chief whip of the party in Lok Sabha, had offered to resign from the party on Friday following speculation that party chief Mamata Banerjee was likely to issue showcause notices to him.
The reports had said that showcause notice would also be issued to senior Trinamool leader and Minister of State for Health Sudip Bandopadhyay for not following the party line to oppose the provisions on the creation of Lokayuktas and supporting the Bill.
The Trinamool MPs in Rajya Sabha on Friday vehemently opposed the provisions on Lokayuktas and some of them, including Derek O'Brien, were seen confabulating with Opposition BJP on the issue.
Recommended For You
- Mercedes-Benz E-Class Extended Wheelbase Launched at Rs 56.15 Lakh
- Gionee M2017 First Look: Check Out the Rs 1.66 Lakh Gionee Phone
- Brie Larson Refused to Applaud for Casey Affleck As She Gave The Oscar
- Watch: How VJ Bani Debunks Stereotypes With Her Heavy Weight Training
- Big Boy Rahkeem Cornwall Welcomes England to Caribbean Islands