Rahul never said no to becoming the PM: Digvijaya
If people want Rahul to become the Prime Minister, then why not," Digvijaya Singh said.
New Delhi: The debate on whether Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi is ready to be the UPA's Prime Ministerial candidate seems to be on. Congress General Secretary Digvijaya Singh has claimed the party Vice President never said no to being the Prime Minister and can be one if he wishes so.
"Rahul never said that he didn't want to become PM. The media has got this wrong. If people want him to become the Prime Minister, then why not," Digvijaya said.
The debate on Rahul Gandhi Prime Ministerial ambitions took a low earlier this month when the Congress Vice President distanced himself from such speculations. "Asking me whether you want to be Prime Minister is a wrong question," he told party MPs in an informal discussion.
Last month, he also made his displeasure known to leaders who tried to please him by demanding that he be declared the party's prime ministerial candidate, party sources said.
(With additional information from PTI and IANS)
Recommended For You
- Mercedes-Benz E-Class Extended Wheelbase Launched at Rs 56.15 Lakh
- Gionee M2017 First Look: Check Out the Rs 1.66 Lakh Gionee Phone
- Virat Kohli and Boys Go Trekking To Unwind After Pune Debacle
- Watch: How VJ Bani Debunks Stereotypes With Her Heavy Weight Training
- Shekhar Suman Takes a Dig at Kangana Ranaut, Twitteratis Shut Him up Perfectly