DIGs to face music for law and order problems: Akhilesh
Akhilesh's statement came a day after his father Mulayam Singh Yadav pulled him up for not being able to control corruption in Uttar Pradesh.
Unnao: A day after his father pulled him up for failing to make his Cabinet ministers work and control corruption in Uttar Pradesh, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Sunday promised the people of his state that in case of any complaint of law and order, action will now be taken against officers of DIG rank instead of lower staff.
"Constables and sub-inspectors will not be held guilty for law and order problems. Officers of DIG rank will be punished in such cases", Yadav said while launching Dr Ram Manohar Lohia village housing scheme in Unnao in Uttar Pradesh.
Taking potshots at the previous Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) government, Yadav said unlike previous regime the budget and sacks have been arranged for wheat purchase and arrangements made to directly make payment to farmers through RTGS in their accounts.
Yadav claimed his government has made a record of running Vidhan Sabha sessions and said that in previous BSP regime short sessions were held so that legislators could not air their grievances.
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- Force 2 Poster: John Abraham Returns as a Tough, Intense Cop
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again
- 'Deeply Disappointed' Sam Allardyce Resigns as England Manager
- Uran Terror Scare: Navi Mumbai Cops Call Off Search Operation
- Syrian, Russian Air Strikes Kill 25 Civilians in Syria, Says Human Rights Group
- Navy Calls off Search Operations in URAN; ATS, Police Continue the Hunt
- Police Release Sketch of Suspects Based on School Children's Description
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18