DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
DIGs to face music for law and order problems: Akhilesh
Akhilesh's statement came a day after his father Mulayam Singh Yadav pulled him up for not being able to control corruption in Uttar Pradesh.
Unnao: A day after his father pulled him up for failing to make his Cabinet ministers work and control corruption in Uttar Pradesh, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Sunday promised the people of his state that in case of any complaint of law and order, action will now be taken against officers of DIG rank instead of lower staff.
"Constables and sub-inspectors will not be held guilty for law and order problems. Officers of DIG rank will be punished in such cases", Yadav said while launching Dr Ram Manohar Lohia village housing scheme in Unnao in Uttar Pradesh.
Taking potshots at the previous Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) government, Yadav said unlike previous regime the budget and sacks have been arranged for wheat purchase and arrangements made to directly make payment to farmers through RTGS in their accounts.
Yadav claimed his government has made a record of running Vidhan Sabha sessions and said that in previous BSP regime short sessions were held so that legislators could not air their grievances.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy: All-out Aggression Will Not Work In English Conditions, Says Kedar
- 'Missing' Chennai-based Model Gaanam Nair Returns Home
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Jab We Met, Chak De! India and Other Films That Turn 10 in 2017
- Vinod Kambli Shares Age-old Picture With Sachin Tendulkar