Digvijaya gets bail in defamation case filed by Gadkari
Digvijaya Singh had accused Nitin Gadkari of having business links with BJP MP Ajay Sancheti.
New Delhi: Congress General Secretary Digvijaya Singh was granted bail by a court in Delhi on Friday in connection with a defamation case filed by BJP President Nitin Gadkari against him. Digvijaya had accused Gadkari of having business links with BJP MP Ajay Sancheti, who allegedly pocketed large sums of money in the coal block allocation Scam.
In the complaint Gadkari alleged that Digvijaya Singh had said that his business partner Ajay Sancheti made profit Rs 490 crore from coal mines in Chhattisgarh. According to Gadkari in another paper Singh is quoted as saying that Ajay Sancheti made Rs 500 crore due to his proximity to Gadkari.
Gadkari argued through his lawyer Pinky Anand claiming that he had no business partnership with Ajay Sancheti nor did he receive any benefit due to his association with him.
- Bomb Blast, Tribal Protests Keep Manipur CM Ibobi From Inaugurating Hospital
- Pakistan Will Pay Heavy Price if it Attacks our Troops: BSF Official
- BSF Kills 7 Pak Rangers, Terrorist in Retaliatory Firing Along Jammu Border
- BSF Seizes Gold Bars, One Bangaladeshi National Arrested
- BSF Officer Injured in Pakistan Shelling, Succumbs
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Arrested by Delhi Police For Possessing Defence Related Documents
- Asian Development Bank Declines to Fund Pakistan Dam Project
- Kashmir a Matter For India, Pakistan to Sort Out: British PM Theresa May