Digvijaya says his heart goes out to Advani, calls BJP ungrateful
The Congress leader said LK Advani brought the BJP from two to 182 in the Lok Sabha.
New Delhi: Congress general secretary Digvijaya Singh on Sunday said his heart goes out to Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) veteran LK Advani, who skipped the ongoing BJP national executive meet in Goa citing ill health. "My heart goes out to Advani-ji. He brought the BJP from two to 182 in the Lok Sabha. But then the ungrateful BJP is a party with differences," tweeted Digvijaya.
BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar told reporters on Saturday that Advani would miss the party's national executive meeting due to "ill-health". Advani's absence comes amid reports that he is upset about the decision to make Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi the head of BJP's campaign committee for the 2014 general elections.
It is for the first time in his entire political career that Advani has skipped the national executive meeting. The former deputy prime minister had suggested the formation of two campaign committees - one for the upcoming assembly elections in five states this year-end, led by Modi, and another for the 2014 general elections.
A final decision on who will spearhead the party's campaign in the general elections is expected to be announced on Sunday.
Advani, along with Atal Bihari Vajpayee, led the formation of the BJP, the successor of Bharatiya Jana Sangh, in 1980.
My heart goes out to Advani ji. He brought BJP from 2 to 182 in Lok Sabha . But then the ungrateful BJP is a Party with differences !
— digvijaya singh (@digvijaya_28) June 9, 2013
- Rajnath Singh Speaks to Odisha CM After Security Forces Killed 24 Maoists
- Andhra Pradesh Deputy CM Suffers Minor Injury After Elevator Cable Snaps
- Quetta Terror Attack: 3 Terrorists Killed, Over 60 Dead
- Quetta Attack: Why Pak's 'Action Plan' on Terror Became 'Inaction Plan'
- Trump Calls Attack on ISIS in Mosul a 'Disaster', Hillary Lashes Out
- Pakistan Selectors Name Unchanged Squad for 3rd Test Against West Indies
- India can Produce up to 492 nuclear Bombs, Claims Pakistan Think-tank
- PM Nawaz Sharif has Become Security Risk for Pakistan, Says Imran Khan