Dimapur: EC seizes Rs 1 cr from a NPF candidate
Polls for the 60 Assembly seats in the state will be conducted on February 23.
Dimapur: An Election Commission (EC) team seized Rs 1 crore cash from Nyemli Phom, a candidate of the Nagaland Peoples Front in the poll-bound state.
The EC team alerted the Income Tax department and police officials about the development. Polls for the 60 Assembly seats in the state will be conducted on February 23.
The EC has appointed a team of 'Expenditure Observers' in the state to keep a check on illegal money and other inducements being used for voters at the hustings. The EC-appointed teams are also keeping a close eye on any instances of 'Paid News' in the run up to the polls.
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Oscars 2017: Why The Sudden Criticism For La La Land Is Disappointing
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Malayalam Actor Prithiviraj Writes Powerful Post Apologising for Misogyny in Films
- Oscars 2017: Why Dev Patel Deserves to Win for Lion