DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Dimapur: EC seizes Rs 1 cr from a NPF candidate
Polls for the 60 Assembly seats in the state will be conducted on February 23.
Dimapur: An Election Commission (EC) team seized Rs 1 crore cash from Nyemli Phom, a candidate of the Nagaland Peoples Front in the poll-bound state.
The EC team alerted the Income Tax department and police officials about the development. Polls for the 60 Assembly seats in the state will be conducted on February 23.
The EC has appointed a team of 'Expenditure Observers' in the state to keep a check on illegal money and other inducements being used for voters at the hustings. The EC-appointed teams are also keeping a close eye on any instances of 'Paid News' in the run up to the polls.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere
- Should Have Been Picked to Play in IPL Final, Says Harbhajan Singh