Disappointed with Akhilesh's performance, says Sushma Swaraj
Sushma Swaraj said the state government had itself admitted that in the state a rape was taking place every 13 hours.
Lucknow: Senior BJP leader Sushma Swaraj on Saturday expressed disappointment at the performance of the Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party (SP) government, saying she was hopeful that it would be different from previous regimes led by his father Mulayam Singh Yadav.
Sadly, the present day government in the state was no different, she said.
In Lucknow to take part in a Bharatiya Janata Party function, the leader of opposition in the Lok Sabha said the state government had itself admitted that in the state a rape was taking place every 13 hours.
"I had cautioned people during the campaigning for the state assembly polls in 2012 to be vary of parties that protected and promoted criminals in politics but they chose to elect the SP with a majority," Sushma Swaraj said.
She further added that within one year, the state government had been exposed and termed it a matter of concern that women were not safe in the state.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Tale of Two Sessions That Cost Hosts the Pune Test
- Ranveer Singh Is Exactly Who He is Dressing As, Says His Stylist
- Ryan Gosling's Reaction To Oscars 2017 Best Picture Mix Up Is Priceless
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Virat Kohli and Boys Go Trekking To Unwind After Pune Debacle