DMDK head Vijayakanth assaults party candidate
Vijayakanth stirred up a controversy after allegedly assaulting his party candidate in full public view.
Chennai: Actor-politician Vijayakanth, whose party DMDK is a constituent of the AIADMK-led alliance, has stirred up a controversy after allegedly assaulting his party candidate in full public view during an election campaign.
The leader, contesting from Rishivanthiyam constituency, assaulted the party's Dharmapuri candidate Bhaskar when the latter tried to correct Vijayakanth after he called him by a wrong name, reports reaching here said. The incident occurred in full public glare as Vijayakanth was canvassing from an open vehicle.
Meanwhile, DMK criticised Vijayakanth for his act, which has reportedly sent shock waves among his party workers. DMK Treasurer and Deputy Chief Minister M K Stalin took a dig at Vijaykant, saying those accompanying him during
campaigning should wear helmets.
Vijayakanth on Thursday created further controversy when he asked AIADMK cadres to lower party flags during his campaign at Ariyalur district.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Wayne Rooney Edges Closer to Chinese Super League
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show