DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
DMDK head Vijayakanth assaults party candidate
Vijayakanth stirred up a controversy after allegedly assaulting his party candidate in full public view.
Chennai: Actor-politician Vijayakanth, whose party DMDK is a constituent of the AIADMK-led alliance, has stirred up a controversy after allegedly assaulting his party candidate in full public view during an election campaign.
The leader, contesting from Rishivanthiyam constituency, assaulted the party's Dharmapuri candidate Bhaskar when the latter tried to correct Vijayakanth after he called him by a wrong name, reports reaching here said. The incident occurred in full public glare as Vijayakanth was canvassing from an open vehicle.
Meanwhile, DMK criticised Vijayakanth for his act, which has reportedly sent shock waves among his party workers. DMK Treasurer and Deputy Chief Minister M K Stalin took a dig at Vijaykant, saying those accompanying him during
campaigning should wear helmets.
Vijayakanth on Thursday created further controversy when he asked AIADMK cadres to lower party flags during his campaign at Ariyalur district.
Recommended For You
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams: It Coasts Along on the Strength of Nostalgia
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Challenge is to Not Think About Defending Title, Says Virat Kohli