DMK legal wing to meet on September 10
DMK chief M Karunanidhi will chair the meeting to work out ways to approach the court and protect democracy.
Chennai: In the wake of arrests of partymen including senior leaders on land grab charges, DMK chief M Karunanidhi will chair a meeting of his party's legal wing in Chennai on September 10 to work out ways to approach the court and "protect democracy" in the state.
DMK Legal Wing Secretary RS Bharathy, without directly mentioning the arrests, said the ruling AIADMK was "misusing" the police force against his party, with an intention to intimidate its workers "who want to ensure victory in the local body polls," besides the voters.
To stop the "atrocities" being committed in the name of democracy and to approach courts to "protect democracy", party chief Karunanidhi will chair the meeting, Bharathy said.
The meeting will be held at Anna Arivalayam, the DMK headquarters, he said in a party statement.
Many DMK leaders including former Ministers Veerapandi S Arumugam, KN Nehru, NKKP Raja, K Ponmudi besides Legislators S Anbazhagan and Sounderapandian, among others, have been arrested on land grab complaints after the Jayalalithaa
government took over.
Recommended For You
- Dhoni Motivates Jharkhand Teammates in Unique Style
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Wayne Rooney Ends China Rumours, to Stay at Manchester United
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology