DMK MLA gets 780 times richer in 5 years
The man in question is TN food minister EV Velu who is contesting from Tiruvannamalai.
New Delhi: In an astonishing revelation in poll-bound Tamil Nadu, a DMK minister's assets multiplied 780 times in the last five years.
The man in question is state food minister EV Velu who is contesting from Tiruvannamalai. Velu had declared assets worth one lakh rupees before the 2006 Assembly elections.
Now, Velu's assets have multiplied in every form including bank deposits running into Rs 17 lakh and agricultural lands worth Rs 1.75 crore, buildings worth Rs 1.25 crore and his wife's jewellery that costs Rs 5.76 lakh. Velu has attributed this astronomical rise in his fortunes to market dynamics.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- CBFC Refuses to Pass Lipstick Under My Burkha for Being 'Lady Oriented'
- 'Virat Kohli Calling Me to Bowl at India Nets Biggest Achievement'
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology