DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Does Jaya qualify to criticise DMK: Karuna
M Karunanidhi questioned whether the AIADMK chief was qualified to criticise DMK on the Lankan Tamils issue.
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M Karunanidhi on Saturday questioned whether AIADMK chief Jayalalithaa was qualified to criticise DMK on the Lankan Tamils issue when the party has taken several initiatives in their interests.
Writing in his party organ "Murasoli", Karunanidhi said he wondered on what basis Jayalalithaa would ask him to tender a 'public apology' on the matter and listed the various steps taken by his party for the welfare of the Tamils since 1956.
"DMK has been fighting for the rights of Sri Lankan Tamils from 1956. As the party President, I have been asking the government to treat the Tamils living there on par with other citizens. Does she qualify to criticise the DMK party when such initiatives were taken since 1956," Karunanidhi asked.
He also said Jayalalithaa had described as "farce and drama" the all party meeting conducted by DMK on October 13 last to discuss the Lankan Tamils issue.
A majority of opposition parties had stayed away from the meeting, saying it would not achieve any 'desired result.'
Recommended For You
- Kohli, Dhoni Headline Premiere of Sachin - A Billion Dreams
- Volkswagen Tiguan SUV Launched in India for Rs 27.68 Lakhs
- Sonu Nigam Quits Twitter After Singer Abhijeet's Account Is Suspended
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Remembering Roger Moore: 7 Of His James Bond Performances