Dog in M'shtra House, probe ordered
A stray dog created a furore in the Maharashtra Assembly on Wednesday.
Mumbai: A stray dog created a furore in the Maharashtra Assembly on Wednesday, when the Opposition made it an issue to corner Deputy Chief Minister R R Patil at the Vidhan Parishad.
Patil promised the House to hold a high-level inquiry into the matter.
Shiv Sena legislator Deepak Sawant raised the issue in the House minutes after it convened for the opening day of the Budget Session.
He said a stray dog was found roaming on the first floor of the Assembly and pointed out that it could bite any one if it was not stopped from roaming in the premises.
Patil, however, dismissed the Opposition's concerns, saying, the dog is a harmless one and there is no danger from it.
"However, if the Opposition members insist, I will order a high-level inquiry into the matter."
Recommended For You
- MS Dhoni Travels By Train After 13 Years
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Akshay Kumar's Jolly LLB 2 Crosses Rs 100 Crore-mark in India
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models
- Beauty and The Beast: Emma Watson Brings New Charisma in the Classic Song