Dog in M'shtra House, probe ordered
A stray dog created a furore in the Maharashtra Assembly on Wednesday.
Mumbai: A stray dog created a furore in the Maharashtra Assembly on Wednesday, when the Opposition made it an issue to corner Deputy Chief Minister R R Patil at the Vidhan Parishad.
Patil promised the House to hold a high-level inquiry into the matter.
Shiv Sena legislator Deepak Sawant raised the issue in the House minutes after it convened for the opening day of the Budget Session.
He said a stray dog was found roaming on the first floor of the Assembly and pointed out that it could bite any one if it was not stopped from roaming in the premises.
Patil, however, dismissed the Opposition's concerns, saying, the dog is a harmless one and there is no danger from it.
"However, if the Opposition members insist, I will order a high-level inquiry into the matter."
- US Asks Pakistan to Take Action Against UN-Designated Terrorist Outfits
- Soldier Inadvertently Crossed LoC, Pakistan Has Been Informed: Army
- After Cross-LoC Strikes, Indian High Commissioner Summoned By Pakistan
- Parched Cast takes our Movie Quiz and It's Funny
- SAARC Summit Could be Postponed If India Not Attending: Pakistan
- Modi to visit Pakistan for SAARC summit in 2016 as India extends its hand to Sharif
- Hindustan Copper stake sale today, base price is Rs 70 per share
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18